Friday 6 December 2013

Ugg Boot Update

I am sure you remember my continuing struggle with anything to do with Ugg Boots. I left my gripping story with my realisation that all things in the world are not pure and honest. there are nasty people out there who want to con us out of our hard earned cash.  This post is to warn readers that there are sinister websites out there and that I got caught in the lure of saving big money and while trying to complain, nearly lost out again.

I had stumbled upon a what I know now is a fake Ugg boot website (Uggift,com) through a promotional 60% off email that was sent to me hours after visiting the official UK website http://www.uggaustralia.co.uk

Being impressed with the savings and having been let down twice before (see earlier post)  I ordered a size 13 pair of the Classic Short boot.



Immediately after making the purchase I smelt a rat,  I didn't receive the usual confirmation receipt email. I also noticed a pop up window that said "Transaction Failure Error Code 32".
I rang my bank as I wasn't sure if the purchase actually took place. They confirmed a payment had been made to a firm in China. I asked them if they could cancel the transaction?  they couldn't do this as no crime had been committed, they told me to call back if the boots didn't arrive or if they were sub standard.  So at that stage I just thought I had lost £90. I cancelled my card and ordered a new one just in case they tried to use my details.

Then about a week later I got an email from Uggift to say my boots had been despatched. I got slightly excited thinking at least I was getting something for my money.

The next day they arrived. The packing was impressive enough, they came in an Ugg Australia clear plastic bag with an authenticity card and a new QR code "proving" their authenticity as well.

So far so good, I went to try them on and was unsurprised to find they were 2 and a half sizes too small! I had ordered a size 13 and had been sent, all the way from China, a pair of size 10.5's.What a waste of time.  Not even close and typical of my Ugg nightmare.



Actual "Ugg boot" It's arrived all the way from China


Can you imagine me in these?



Oh well they must be real


I emailed the fake Ugg company about the problem. They asked me to send some photos of the boots!!

I sent them a picture showing the UK 10.5 shoe size on the boot. They came back and apologised and told me I could keep the size 10 boots and offered me 30% discount on my next order!!

I mockingly refused this offer and requested I send these boots back and they send me some proper size 13's or refund ne.

They replied that the shipping costs and high taxes would make this very expensive, their next offer was for me to keep the boots (3 sizes too small) and that I could buy any boot on their website for $90.

I churlishly replied that I had no faith in them sending the right size again and asked if they would send me a size 13 for free for all the trouble they have caused me.

They ignored my request and offered to refund me £10.

I, in a standing position, with 1 finger wagging at the laptop and another typing, replied stating that because of their incompetence, they wanted ME to lose £80? and to keep a useless pair of boots?, I demanded a full refund.

They raised their offer to £15 .

I knew I was getting nowhere, with one hand pinching my nose I inquired how would they pay me?

They said, just give us your credit card details and we will refund you.

What a ruse, I certainly will not be doing this and will not contact them again. I will instead see where I stand with my bank around the initial purchase.

Maybe sending me the wrong boot was just stage 1 in a scam process. Maybe the actual target all along was my credit card details that they asked me to send them via email. This could unlock potentially £10000 of credit to them. I wondered how many others have been caught out by this company, firstly in receiving fake Uggs and secondly by potentially giving up credit card details in sheer desperation to a disreputable business.

The website I originally bought them off isn't there anymore. In its place was a notice from an Australian law firm who had taken over the domain on behalf of Ugg Australia, or at least their owners, Deckers Outdoor Corporation.

Their advice was  if you wanted to purchase real Ugg boots go to  www.uggaustralia.com , it will redirect you to the UK site automatically.

If you do buy online, I would suggest buying from a UK based company, buying directly from non EU countries may make you liable for Import Duty and international shipping taxes that you have to pay on top of the purchase price. These taxes may not be visible when you purchase them but HMRC will bill you for importing international goods. This website is the HMRC guide for international purchases.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/post/internet.htm
.
Finally let me put these Uggs to bed, that doesn't mean  I'm sleeping with them on,  just that you may see a size 10.5 mens Ugg boot on Ebay in the next few days....Operation recoup.

4 comments:

  1. Gilo,

    Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, the credit card company is jointly and severally liable for any breach of contract or misrepresentation by the company.
    This means it shares equal responsibility with the retailer or trader for the goods or service supplied, allowing you to also put your claim to the credit card company.

    So there you go - just send in everything you have already written to the card company and tell them you want to make a claim under Section 75. They'll refund you straight away and then they'll fight it out with the fake Ugg-beyatches.

    Keep up the blogging, subject matter sticks in my craw from time to time, but style is great.

    Hope 2014 is a really good time for you all.

    Wotto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Wotto, does that include Visa Debit cards?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had stumbled upon a what I know now is a fake Ugg boot website (Uggift,com) ... uggmenboot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. cheap ugg boots sale online,don't miss it http://www.pinboots.com
    $39.9 ugg 5803/5825/5854,
    $62 ugg 5815,
    $79 ugg 1873.

    ReplyDelete