Thursday 5 December 2013

The top that got away!

A few days ago while idly browsing my purchase history on Ebay, I was surprised, to say the least, to spot 2 football shirts purchased that I knew nothing about. I was ready to complain to Ebay at this injustice until I looked into this further. Judging by the purchase times I can only conclude that I made the purchases while being fast asleep.
It appears that I have been waking in the night and not being able to get back to sleep, have picked up my Kindle and started browsing Ebay. My wife tells me she has noticed I can suddenly nod off while doing this, typically with finger poised. I think its the tablets, if in doubt blame the tablets.

Today, through the post,  I have received 1 of those fast asleep Ebay purchases. Its a Queens Park Rangers football shirt XL from the 2006 season. I have no idea how I did it, I struck lucky with XL and have absolutely no affiliation with QPR whatsoever. I'm from North Yorkshire.



>

The kit is from the 2006-07 season, not a classic year for QPR, they finished 18th in the championship. Got knocked out of the FA Cup in round 3 (Championship and Premier teams don't play rounds 1 and 2) and went out of the Carling cup in round 2. No wonder its on Ebay. A poor performance you would say until you see that 6 places lower and rock bottom of the championship that year was our very own and local Leeds United.

The other kit I ordered was a Sweden football top (see right).  I haven't received it yet but did think the photograph looked a little orange. The Swedish kit is predominately yellow with blue stripes on the sleeves. On closer inspection,  the photograph shows a Romanian badge. Hang on its a Romanian top!!

Library pic of Romanian top
Library pic of Sweden top
The seller has described it incorrectly.  I have challenged the seller as although I was fast asleep I  distinctly don't remember ordering a Romanian top. As the top is sold to me not as described, then I want my money back. He has indeed apologised and will refund me the money. Lucky escape, although I have not got refunded yet.

There is nothing worse than receiving a top you can't remember buying in the first place, only to find, once your hopes are up, its actually another country's kit all along. You start to hanker after the Sweden top you never wanted in the first place,  The top that got away!







No comments:

Post a Comment